Following the discovery of an intermittent but serious network issue, Gandi teams have determined that a rolling maintenance will be necessary.
We regret that, while most of the affected systems will simply require migration and no interruption in service, some will almost certainly require restarting. We will endevor to make these interruptions as short as possible, and only perform them when absolutely necessary.
We are starting with dc0 (Paris) this week. We will proceed on to dc2 (Luxembourg) on Monday, June 9.
The issue is not detected on dc1 (Baltimore) at the moment but, if necessary, we will proceed to fix it there. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
You may have seen that certain domain names could not be immediately registered at Gandi, especially if they are based on common words or phrases. These "premium" domains are actually reserved by the registry, and the pricing varies with the domain and the registry, and may change over time.
Up until now, you could register these domain names at Gandi by clicking the "Contact us" link we displayed, and we would then guide you through the pricing and purchase process.
This process is now completely automated for certain TLDs, and many more will be added in the near future.
We hope you enjoy searching for and registering the exact domain names you want!
* 08:25 UTC 12 hosting nodes are made inaccessible due to a switch failure. ~200 Virtual machines (VMs) are made unreachable.
* 08:40 UTC Switches are recovered and VMs are once again accessible. Investigation does not reveal cause of incident.
* 12:01 UTC A second incident occurs, affecting 8 nodes and ~180 VMs.
* 12:09 UTC Switches are recovered, VMs are made available again. Additional data collection measures are put in place to help determine cause.
* 14:56 UTC A third incident occurs, affecting 10 nodes and 321 VMs.
* 15:10 UTC Nodes and VMs are available again. This time extensive forensic data is made available, and we expect to find the root cause and execute a permanent fix, which will be implemented as soon as possible.
We do apologise for the inconvenience this issue may have caused.
Two newcomers are elbowing their way into the list of the more colorful new gTLDs: .fail and .wtf.
Is this an ill-fated attempt to capitalize on those new-fangled meme things the internets keep referring to? A free-speech zone where shock and bafflement can be candidly expressed by all? Only time will tell.
In other, slightly more boring news, .financial and .limited are entering Sunrise as well. Businessfolk, go to town.
Here's the list of all four new extensions, accompanied by links to the TLD pricing pages as well as Sunrise, Landrush and General Availability (GoLive) prices, all at A rates:
Note: There was no Landrush phase for these three new extensions! Domains can be composed of Latin characters (accented or not), or of the corresponding script (e.g. Russian or Cyrillic for .орг, Devanagari or Hi-deva for .संगठन and simplified or traditional Chinese for .机构).